Registrer    
Forum
Forum

ForumForumGeoScene3DGeoScene3DDevelopment Not...Development Not...Firebird database error "Login failed! DBX Error: ..."Firebird database error "Login failed! DBX Error: ..."
Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
New Post
 17-01-2013 10:30

Modified By Lars Nebel  on 23-01-2013 15:31:26

The Firebird database error "Login failed! DBX Error: Driver could not be prop......" is caused by a missing or incorrectly installed Firebird server.

Recommended solution
The easiest way to solve the problem is to uninstall the current Firebird Server, and then install the newest version with settings as described below.

1) Download the newest version of Firebird from the GeoScene3D download section, or, from www.firebirdsql.org (32-bit Classic, Superclassic & Superserver)

2) IMPORTANT: Make sure to check the option "Copy Firebird client library to directory?" during installation. All other settings can be left unchanged.

Alternative solution 1 (experts)
If the latest version of Firebird is already installed (at least version 2.5.2). Locate and copy the file fbclient.dll to the GeoScene3D install directory. The file fbclient.dll is usually located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\bin" in 64 bit Windows and "C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\bin" in 32 bit Windows

Alternative solution 2 (experts)
If the latest version of Firebird is already installed (at least version 2.5.2). Manually add the path to fbclient.dll to system path (WinXP) or user path (Win7). The path is usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\bin" in 64 bit Windows and "C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\bin" in 32 bit Windows

If none of these solution works please contact support.

Lars Nebel, GeoScene3D Developer, I-GIS
Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
ForumForumGeoScene3DGeoScene3DDevelopment Not...Development Not...Firebird database error "Login failed! DBX Error: ..."Firebird database error "Login failed! DBX Error: ..."

I•GIS  -  Voldbjergvej 14A, 1. sal  -  DK-8240 Risskov  -  i-gis@i-gis.dk  -  Tlf: (+45) 87 31 00 80